102.3 The Wolf’s “Paint The Town” Mural Competition
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station WMOS (“102.3 The Wolf”), owned and operated by Cumulus Radio LLC located at 7 Governor Winthrop Boulevard, New London, Connecticut, 06320, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the 102.3 The Wolf “Paint The Town” Mural Competition (the “Competition”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
Eligibility. This Competition is open only to legal U.S. residents, of the State of Connecticut, age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Cumulus Media, its parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s DMA, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Competition is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Station’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Competition. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Competition Period. The Competition will begin at 12:01a.m., ET on Monday, July 1st, 2019 and will run through 11:59 p.m., ET on Friday, August 16, 2019 (the “Competition Period”). The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Competition.
- Winner Selection. On or about 10:00 am ET on Monday, August 18, 2019 Station will select one (1) entry (mural design) for the Grand Prize and one (1) entry (mural design) for the Second Prize, among all valid entries received by Station during the Competition Period. Station will evaluate all entries based on the following criteria, in its sole discretion:
- Representation of required themes – Entries (mural designs) must incorporate non-infringing musical theme(s) and include symbolism and/or landmarks representative of Southeastern Connecticut
- Creativity/Aesthetic – Concept is a compelling, appealing, brightly colored visual design
- Cohesion of message; completeness of the mural design
All submitted entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not include, be based on, or derived from any pre-existing or third party designs, trademarks, or copyrighted images. Each winning entrant will be contacted using the email address and/or telephone number provided with the entry and may be awarded the prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules). Station’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Competition and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Competition. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within three (3) days of notification will result in disqualification.
Station reserves the ultimate right of review and the right to reject any and all entries for any reason. Entries may be modified at the discretion of Station. Participant in the Competition understands and agrees that in the event they are selected as the Winner of this Competition, the Winner will be required to enter into an additional agreement with Station and/or Sponsors and transfer/assign all rights in perpetuity in the Design, which will also allow the Station to edit the Design in any way and in any manner that it deems necessary and/or appropriate. If you are unwilling to sign additional paperwork, then you should not participate in this Competition.
- Grand Prize. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in this Competition. The winner of the Grand Prize may have his or her mural design painted by a mural artist chosen by the Station, and members of the Spark Makerspace in New London. If chosen to be reproduced, the mural will be displayed on the large (8 feet x 27 feet) North wall of the Cumulus Media New London radio station, facing the New London Police Department, at the entrance to the Historic Waterfront District; and a Family Membership to the Lyman Allyn Art Museum in New London, CT. ARV of Family Membership is seventy five dollars ($75.00).
- Second Place. One (1) Second Place Prize will be awarded in this Competition. The winner of the Second Place Prize may have his or her mural design framed and displayed inside the lobby of Cumulus Media New London radio station.
There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Any tickets and/or gift certificates/cards awarded as part of a prize will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the issuer and are valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets or gift certificates/cards. Other restrictions may apply.
In no case shall Station be obligated to use and/or reproduce a design, all of which shall be decided in Station’s sole and exclusive discretion.
- How to Enter. To enter, submit an Original Design, as defined below via one (1) of the methods listed below:
Online: Visit the Station’s website www.1023thewolf.com during the Competition Period, click on the “Competition” link, click on the “Paint The Town” Competition link, and see requirements for entry. PDF or JPEG file format is preferred. All entries must be received by 11:59 pm ET on Friday, August 16, 2019. Limit one (1) entry per person. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Station is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, inappropriate or misdirected registrations, all of which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the telephone number by the wireless carrier or an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Station and will not be returned. Station reserves the right to contact entrants and all other individuals whose email address is submitted as part of this promotion. No mail-in entries will be accepted.
(ii) Facebook: Submit your entry by posting a picture of your mural design to the 102.3 The Wolf Facebook page, the Q105-Today’s Hits Facebook page or the WXLM 980 AM Facebook page. Mural designs posted to a personal page will not be accepted. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to the Station and not to Facebook. The information you provide will be used for this competition only and will; not be shared with any other outside party. All entries must be received by 11:59 pm ET on Friday, August 16, 2019 to be eligible.
(iii) Instagram: Submit your entry by taking a picture of your mural design and sharing it on Instagram with #PaintTheTown. Eligible entries will tag “thewolf102.3” or “q105fm” in their post. Per Instagram rules, this Competition is in no way sponsored, administered, or associated with Instagram, Inc. By entering, entrants confirm they are 13+ years of age, release Instagram of responsibility, and agree to Instagram’s term of use. All entries must be received by 11:59 pm ET on Friday, August 16, 2019 to be eligible.
Designs that are indecent, lewd, offensive, defamatory, contain profanities, and/or are in any way in bad taste or contain material which may infringe upon any person or entity’s proprietary rights (including, but not limited to trademarks and/or copyrighted elements), as determined in the sole discretion of the Station, will be disqualified. BY TAKING PART IN THIS COMPETITION YOU WARRANT THAT YOU ARE (A) THE CREATOR OF THE DESIGN, (B) THE DESIGN IS ORIGINAL, IN THAT NO PARTS OR ANY COMPONENT CONTAINED WITHIN THE DESIGN INFRINGES ON THE RIGHTS HELD BY ANOTHER PERSON, INCLUDING THE CONCEPT/DESIGN, FONTS, AND/OR GRAPHICS CONTAINED WITHIN THE DESIGN.
- Original Design. By entering, each participant, warrants and represents that (a) he/she is the only true and rightful owner of the overall concept/design and or any portion of the design, including incorporated fonts and/or graphics (individually and collectively “Design”); (b) each participant warrants and represents the he/she has the full right and authority to enter this Competition in favor of the Released Parties; (c) by entering this Competition, participant agrees to give to the Released Parties and its licensees, successors, and assigns a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable and perpetual license to use, re-use, broadcast, and publish the Design, as well as my name, biographical and other information in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched or distorted in character or form, for any reason that the Released Parties deem necessary without compensation, including for advertising, promotional, and related purposes in connection with the activities or promotion of the Competition, unless prohibited by law. I agree to release, discharge, and hold the Released Parties harmless from any and all claims I may have against the Released Parties in connection with the use of the Design, my name, and/or city of residence, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched, or distorted in character or form and without restrictions as to any changes, transformations or alterations.
- Verification of Potential Winner. THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL POTENTIAL COMPETITION WINNERS IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE COMPETITION. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner may be notified by email and/or telephone call after the date of random drawing and/or winner determination. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner.
- Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Competition; (b) release and hold harmless Station, Cumulus Media Inc., and its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Competition, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Competition, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Competition and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
- Except where prohibited, participation in the Competition constitutes winner’s consent to use by the Station and its agent of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or biographical information (including hometown and state) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- General Conditions. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Competition, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Competition, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Competition or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Station, entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Competition; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Competition; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Competition or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Competition or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that a production, technical, programming or other error causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Competition, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Competition, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Competition, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Station in connection with the Competition, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
- Competition Results. A winners list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the Competition Period expires by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Station identified below.
Cumulus Radio LLC., WMOS, 7 Governor Winthrop, New London, Connecticut, 06320.
Riverhead Building Supply, 45 Richards Grove Road, Quaker Hill, Connecticut, 06375.
Lyman Allan Art Museum, 625 Williams Street, New London, Connecticut, 06320.
Spark Makerspace, 225 State Street Suite 100, New London, Connecticut, 06320