Q 105 and 102.3 The Wolf’s “Take Me Out to the Ballgame Fall classic game 1” Contest
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station WQGN or WMOS (“Stations”), owned and operated by Cumulus Radio LLC located at Cumulus Media, 7 Gov Winthrop Blvd, New London, CT, 06320, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the Q 105 and 102.3 The Wolf Take Me Out to the Ballgame Game 1 Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- No purchase is necessary To Enter or Win. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chance of Winning. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
- This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, excluding Florida and New York, age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and who reside in the Station’s listening area. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Cumulus Media, its parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s listening area, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period. The Contest will begin at 6:00 a.m., ET on 10/8/18 and will run through 11:59 p.m. ET 10/18/18. (The “Contest Period”). The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
- How to Enter. To Enter:
Listeners may enter via either station website located at www.q105.fm or www.1023thewolf.com by clicking on the “Take Me Out To The Ballgame Fall Classic Game 1” promo reel image. Listeners will be redirected to the contest entry page and will need to completely and accurately fill out all information, in order to be entered. All Entries must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. on October 18, 2018. On or around 9:00 a.m. on Friday, October 19, 2018 the Qualifiers will be randomly selected for all eligible entries and notified by phone no later than Monday October 22, 2018 by 5:00 pm. Stations will randomly choose 100 qualifiers to attend a grand prize party on Tuesday October 23rd , 2018 at Arooga’s Grill house and Sports Bar, 32 Sandy Desert Road, Uncasville, CT. Qualifiers must be present at the party to have a chance to win. Qualifiers will register at Arooga’s between 6:30pm and 7:30 p.m., checking in and presenting a valid, current government issued photo ID no later than 7:45 p.m. on 10/23/18. All registrations must be completed by 7:45p.m. NO PROXIES FOR ONLINE QUALIFIERS WILL BE ALLOWED FOR ANY REASON. Failure to register with station staff at Arooga’s by 7:45 p.m. will result in immediate disqualification. Upon registration, each qualifier will choose one square on a grid consisting of ten rows and ten columns, creating 100 available squares.
- Winner Selection
At the conclusion of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th innings, whichever square has the numbers corresponding to the last digit in each team’s score wins a $50 in gift certificates to Arooga’s. At the conclusion of the 6th inning, whichever square has the numbers corresponding to the last digit in the score wins the grand prize.
The winning entrant must be present to win and may be awarded the prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules). Station’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within three (3) days of notification will result in disqualification.
- Verification of Potential Winner. POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner will be notified in person and by email and/or telephone call after the date of random drawing and/or winner determination. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Station, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the Contest Prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
- Grand Prize. One grand prize will be awarded in this contest. The grand prize consists of $500. Total Prize Value is $500. Must be present at the conclusion of the 6th inning to win grand prize. No proxies for online qualifiers will be permitted. By participating in the contest, qualifiers are giving their consent to be filmed and/or photographed for this contest. Station reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason. Runner-Up Prizes. Five (5) additional prizes will be awarded in this contest. At the conclusion of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th innings, the qualifier whose chosen square matches the last digit in the final score for that inning will win $50 in Arooga’s gift certificates. Runners up must be present to win. ARV of Each Runner-Up Prize is Fifty Dollars ($50.00).
- Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Station, Cumulus Media Inc., and its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
- Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to Station’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings. Estimated value of the grand prize for this contest is $500.
- General Conditions. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance or completion of the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason, Station, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, programming or any other reason causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available or claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, other than those concerning the administration of the Contest or the determination of the winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
- Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained after October 24th 2018 by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Contest Sponsor identified below.
CONTEST SPONSOR: CUMULUS Radio LLC WMOS, Cumulus Media, 7 Governor Winthrop Blvd. New London, CT 06320.
Client sponsors: Mohegan Holdings Company, LLC and Arooga’s Route 32