WQGN/WMOS “Valenti Big Orange Jeep Driveaway” CONTEST
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio stations WQGN and WMOS (collectively “Station”), owned and operated by Cumulus Radio LLC located at 7 Governor Winthrop Blvd. New London, CT 06320, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the WQGN and WMOS “Q105 AND 102.3 The Wolf Big Orange Jeep Driveaway” Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, excluding Florida and New York residents, age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and who reside in the Station’s Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as defined by Nielsen Audio, who have not won a prize from the Station in the last three (3) months or a prize valued at $500 or more in the last three (3) months, and whose immediate family members or household members have not won a prize from the Station in the last three (3) months or a prize valued at $500 or more in the last six (6) months. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Cumulus Radio LLC, its parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s DMA, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Station’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period. The Contest will begin at 8:00am, ET on May 6, 2019 and will run through 11:59pm ET on September 27, 2019 (the “Contest Period”). The Contest will not run on May 27, 2019, July 4, 2019 and September 2, 2019. The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
- How to Enter. To enter:
(i) On-Air on WQGN: Listen to Q105 (WQGN) weekdays from Monday to Friday 10:00am to 7:00pm ET during the Contest Period, with the exception of May 27, July 4 and September 2, 2019. When the Station plays the “cue-to-call” sounder, listeners should call the Station at 860-443-1055. Caller ten (10) to the Station, as determined by the Station in its sole discretion, will be a Qualifier, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Contest Rules.
(ii) On-Air on WMOS: Listen to 102.3 The Wolf (WMOS) weekdays between 8:00am and 4:00pm ET during the Contest Period with the exception of May 27, July 4 and September 2, 2019. When the station plays the “cue to call” sounder, listeners should call the Station at 860-862-WOLF (9653). Caller one (1) to the Station, as determined by the Station in its sole discretion, will be a Qualifier, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Contest Rules. Each station will qualify up to ninety-six (96) listeners during the Contest Period for a total of up to one hundred ninety-two (192) total on-air qualifiers.
Time Delay between Over-the-Air Analog Signal and Internet Broadcast: Due to the time delay that exists between the Station’s analog over-the-air signal and the Station’s online webcast, listeners who listen to the Station online may hear the cue to call later than listeners listening to the Station’s analog over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online listener entering this Contest on-air may be diminished.
(iii) Station Event: Attend the following Station events and complete an entry form. Limit one (1) entry per person per event. All entries must be received by the deadline stated at the event.
- Valenti Automall, 72 Jerry Brown Road, Mystic, CT. Dates: June 1, 2019; July 20, 2019; August 17, 2019; September 7, 2019. All events will be from 11:00am to 2:00pm ET. At the conclusion of each event, Station will randomly select five (5) Qualifiers from all entries collected at that particular event, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Contest Rules.
- Windjammer Surf Bar, 321 Atlantic Ave, Westerly, RI. September 21, 2019 from 11:00am to 2:00pm ET. At the conclusion of the event, Station will randomly select eight (8) Qualifiers from all entries collected during the event, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Contest Rules.
There will be up to two hundred twenty (220) Qualifiers. Qualifiers will be notified via phone and email.
- Winner Selection. All Qualifiers must be present at the Grand Prize Event on September 27, 2019 at The Windjammer Surf Bar at 321 Atlantic Avenue in Westerly, RI. Check in starts at 5:30pm ET. Qualifiers must present a current, valid government issued photo ID and check-in with Station no later than 6:45pm ET. Failure to check-in and/or present a current, valid government issued photo ID by 6:45pm ET will lead to immediate disqualification and further participation in this Contest. NO PROXIES WILL BE ALLOWED FOR ANY REASON. Once checked-in you must remain present throughout the duration of the Grand Prize Event.
Upon check-in, each Qualifier will choose a card with a four (4) digit code printed on it from a bowl or bucket. Each Qualifier will also be given two (2) raffle tickets of different colors upon check-in. Station representatives will pull raffle tickets of one (1) color to randomly select the order that Qualifiers will come up to the lockbox to try their code. The raffle tickets of the second color will be used to choose winners of additional Raffle Prizes throughout the Grand Prize Event. One by one, in the order that their raffle ticket is called, Qualifiers will type their code into a lockbox that contains the keys to the Grand Prize – a Jeep. Only one (1) card will match the code that opens the box. The Qualifier whose code opens the box will win the Jeep (“Grand Prize Winner”). The winning code will also be contained in a sealed envelope. Upon the Qualifier typing the correct code from their card and opening the box, Station representatives will confirm that the code on the Qualifier’s card matches the code in the envelope. The Qualifier’s code and the code in the sealed envelope must match to win to ensure that the Qualifier did not mistakenly enter a different code than was written on their card. The Contest ends when the matching code is entered and verified. As such, there is no guarantee that each Qualifier will have a chance to enter their code. The number of cards given out will match the number of Qualifiers checked-in and present at the Grand Prize Event (i.e. if 175 of the 220 Qualifiers show up for the Grand Prize Event, only 175 cards with codes will be given out, and one will contain the winning code to ensure that there will be a winner).
The winning entrant will be notified at the Grand Prize Event and may be awarded the Grand Prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules). Station’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within three (3) days of notification will result in disqualification.
- Verification of Potential Winner. THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner may be notified by email and/or telephone call after the date of random drawing and/or winner determination. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Station, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the contest prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
- Grand Prize. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in this Contest. The Grand Prize is 2013 Jeep Wrangler. The Grand Prize is given away as is, with no warranty extended nor implied. The VIN number of the Jeep is 1C4AJWAG4DL542433. The Station will transfer ownership to the Grand Prize Winner, and the Grand Prize Winner will be solely responsible for any registration fees and sales tax associated with accepting the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize Winner will also be required to obtain insurance for the vehicle per CT state law. ARV Twenty Two Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($22,500.00). Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and listeners participating at any given time.
- Raffle Prizes. Raffle Prizes of various values will be given out throughout the course of the Grand Prize Event on September 27, 2019. The winners will be responsible for any taxes associated with these prizes.
There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Any tickets and/or gift certificates/cards awarded as part of a prize will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the issuer and are valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets or gift certificates/cards. Other restrictions may apply.
- Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Station, Cumulus Media Inc., and its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
- Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to use by the Station and its agent of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or biographical information (including hometown and state) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- Taxes. All State, Local, Federal and/or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- General Conditions. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Station, entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that a production, technical, programming or other error causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Disputes. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Station in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
- Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the Contest Period expires by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Station identified below.
Cumulus Radio LLC, WQGN/WMOS, 7 Governor Winthrop Boulevard New London, CT 06320
Valenti Jeep/Valenti Family of Dealerships, 72 Jerry Browne Road, Mystic, CT 06355
The Windjammer Surf Bar, 321 Atlantic Ave, Westerly, RI 02891
Be The Light Designs, 195 Boston Post Road, Waterford, CT 06385
Critical Signs, 1068 Hartford Tpke, Waterford, CT 06385
American Cancer Society, Northeast Region, 825 Brook St I-91 Tech Center, Rocky Hill CT 06067